First conceived in 2013, the UTAX Community Print Project was officially launched on a national basis in July 2017.
The initiative provides FREE printing services on an “As Agreed” basis to pre-approved community events and charitable activities across the UK. Designed specifically to help charities and local not-for-profit organisations, such as village, town and parish event organisers, with little or no access to printing facilities, the project enables them to have publicity material or public information notices printed.
Projects already supported include:
- Special Effect “Twin Town Challenge” (Oxfordshire based charity working with physical disability and video gaming) – publicity materials
- NCT (National Childbirth Trust) – annual programme to assist 3 branches per month from their network of over 300 branches nationwide to provide them with posters, flyers and other promotional materials
- Lambourn School PTA (primary school in West Berkshire) – production of annual summer fete “lucky” programme
- Action Through Enterprise (A Wiltshire based charity that works to reduce poverty through education, enterprise and social change in Upper West Ghana) – Newsletters and annual reports
How can I apply?
Simply fill in the application form, giving us details of your organisation, the reason for printing and details of what you need i.e. 10x A4 posters, 1x A3 posters, 20x A5 flyers etc.
Once your application has been received
- We will make a decision within 48 hours as to whether we are able to take on your proposed project
- If successful, you will need to download our logo to incorporate onto your artwork, which you can find here, however if you need/would like us to add our logo onto your artwork, please let us know and we can do this for you
- You will need to send us your final, print ready artwork in PDF or JPG, for each print job, at least 7 working days before it is required to be collected/sent out
- We will then print your requested artwork at our Swindon Technology Suite, using whichever of our machines is best suited to your needs
- You will then be notified when your collateral is ready to collect/be posted out
- Please note, if you require your printing to be posted to you, we will send it out via UPS which will take 2-5 working days to arrive