The purpose of this Policy is:
- To assure you that UTAX recognise and fully respect the privacy and personal data of its customers and the users of its Websites; and
- To explain what personal information UTAX collects and how its protection in ensured.
The Data Protection Act 2018 ( the “DPA”) gives data subjects (living individuals in respect of whom personal data is processed) enhanced rights and protections in relation to their personal data. UTAX are committed to safeguarding the privacy of the users of its services. This Policy provides transparency on what personal data UTAX collects, why UTAX collects that personal data and how it is handled. UTAX is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand the views and practices of UTAX regarding your personal data and how it will be treated.
The graphics, content, and materials (excluding software) (collectively, “Content”) on this Website may be viewed and downloaded, provided that the user retains all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the Content. The Content may not be changed in any way, altered, distributed, or otherwise used for any public or commercial purpose.
Any use of the Content without UTAX’s written approval, on any other website or networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited. UTAX owns or licenses all Content on this Website. The Content is copyrighted and/or trademarked, and any unauthorised use of the Content may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
TrademarksUTAX trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively, “Trademark”) displayed on this Website and all elements of the composite UTAX logos are trademarks of UTAX. Nothing contained on this Website should be construed as granting, by implication, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark without the written permission of UTAX or third party that may own the applicable trademark.
GeneralThough UTAX has taken care when posting information on the Website, UTAX assumes no responsibility regarding the accuracy of the information, and the use of such information is at the user’s own risk. By furnishing information, UTAX does not grant any licenses to any copyrights, patents or any other intellectual property rights.
DisclaimerAll Website information regarding UTAX products and services, including their availability, appearance, prices and specifications are subject to change without prior notice. The information on this Website does not constitute a representation, warranty or other commitment by UTAX with respect to any product or service, and UTAX hereby disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement of intellectual property, or the completeness of the information. UTAX’s obligations, if any, with respect to its products and services are governed solely by the agreements under which they are provided and not this Website.
UTAX complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 (the “Act”). For the purposes of the Act, UTAX is the data controller and sole owner of the personal data collected from you. UTAX does not sell, share or transfer this information except as set out in this Policy.
UTAX is committed to respecting your right to privacy and data security and to responsibly handling the information you provide.
UTAX shall undertake all commercially reasonable steps to prevent the unauthorised disclosure of your personally identifiable information to third parties, except as may be required by law.
UTAX will never sell your information for marketing purposes to outside third parties and all personal data will stay within the EEC. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet cannot be completely secure. UTAX takes reasonable measures to protect your personal data, however it cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once your information in received, UTAX will use procedures and security features designed to prevent unauthorised access.
UTAX is registered with the Data Protection Register (Data protection public register)
Information UTAX may collect from youIt is not necessary for you to register with UTAX to access the Website. However, UTAX may collect some information from interactive features such as online surveys, contact and registration forms. The basic personal information provided by you which UTAX may collect and process is as follows:
- Your name
- Your company name
- Your e-mail address
- Your user ID and password (Partnersite users only)
- Your home address and telephone number
Depending on what you are registering for / what form you are completing, additional information may be collected from you.
UTAX may also collect and process information and correspondence provided by you at the time of posting material to the Website, as well as details of your visit to the Website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, your computer hardware and software and other communication data), and the resources that you use. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by UTAX for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Website.
Uses made of the informationUTAX may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of UTAX services, when you choose to do so, and
- To notify you about changes to UTAX services.
Storage and deletion of personal data
Any personal data that UTAX process will be deleted from its systems once UTAX have completed the purpose for which it was processing the personal data. In some cases, the purpose for processing your personal data will last for a considerable period (for example, if you are a long term client, UTAX will need to store your data until the relationship with you ceases).
UTAX will determine the period for which it needs to retain your data, acting reasonably, and taking into consideration factors such as your relationship with UTAX, your engagement with UTAX, and the fulfilment of contracts UTAX has with you.
UTAX may need to retain your personal data where this is necessary to comply with its legal or regulatory obligations, or to protect the vital interest or the vital interests of another natural person.
UTAX have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, UTAX limits access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. Such persons will only process your personal data on UTAX’s instruction and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
UTAX have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where they are legally required to do so.
Your RightsIn accordance with the Act, you may (i) request access to any personal data UTAX hold about you; (ii) request that it be updated, rectified, deleted or blocked; (iii) request that UTAX delete personal data held about you; (iv) request that UTAX restrict its processing of your personal data; and (v) request that UTAX provide you or a third party with a copy of certain personal data about you (that is referred to as the right of “data portability”). You can also object to any use of your personal data described in this Policy, including marketing activities.
Privacy Practices of Third Parties
This Policy only addresses the collection, processing and use (including disclosure) of personal data by UTAX through your interaction with UTAX Websites.
Other websites that may be accessible through links from the Website may have their own privacy statements and personal data collection, processing, use, and disclosure practices. UTAX Business Partners may also have their own privacy statements. You are encouraged to familiarise yourself with the privacy statements provided by these other parties prior to providing them with any personal data/information.
Data Privacy Notice
Your Personal Data Processed By UTAXUTAX currently collect and process the following information:
- Your title, full name, your contact details, including for instance your email address and mobile telephone number
- Order information
- Device and software usage information
- Payment and credit information
- IP address
How UTAX Get The Personal Information And Why UTAX Have ItMost of the personal information processed is provided directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- to fulfil contractual obligations and orders
- to provide you with information that you ask UTAX for and notify you about changes to its services
- to provide you with information about other goods and services UTAX offer that it thinks you may be interested in
- to communicate with you to provide any information required by law relating to your order, UTAX’s services or products
- to improve its website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to keep its Website safe and secure
- Its direct customers, whereby its business relationship with you is indirect
- TA Triumph-Adler GmbH (Germany), or another company or subsidiary of the Kyocera Corporation (Japan) for purposes of corporate performance reporting and analysis
- Specialised and carefully chosen and supervised service providers (e.g. IT, logistics, delivery and service/maintenance provision)
- Credit agencies and credit insurers to verify your creditworthiness in initiating and continuing a business relationship
- External auditors and/or tax consultants of UTAX for purposes of auditing and consulting
- Your consent. You can remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting the Compliance Officer, as detailed above.
- UTAX having a contractual obligation.
- UTAX having a legal obligation.
- UTAX having a vital interest.
- UTAX having a legitimate interest.
How We Store Your Personal InformationYour information is securely stored on cloud-hosted servers. The physical location of the servers is London, UK.
The information collected from you may be transferred to, and stored in, a location outside of the UK, but only where it is satisfied that there is an adequate level of protection. It may also be processed by staff operating in these locations who work for UTAX or for its service providers. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. UTAX will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
UTAX take the security of your personal information very seriously. UTAX have internal policies, controls and appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by UTAX employees in the proper performance of their duties.
UTAX will generally hold your information for the whole time that it provides a service to you and for a period of seven years after this for HMRC purposes only. In some circumstances UTAX may keep your information for longer than this, for instance where it is required by law, or where UTAX need to retain your information to defend or exercise its legal rights. UTAX may also retain transactional history for statistical research and reporting reasons.If you would like further information about UTAX data retention practices, contact the Compliance Officer.
Your Data Protection RightsUnder the Act, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask UTAX for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask UTAX to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask UTAX to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask UTAX to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask UTAX to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that UTAX transfer the personal information you gave UTAX to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights.
Please contact UTAX using the contact details above if you wish to make a request. UTAX will respond to any such request no later than the timeframes as outlined by the Act.
ContactIf you wish to exercise your data protection rights as outlined in this Policy, if you have any questions about this Policy or UTAX’s obligations to data protection, or if you wish to raise a complaint about the use of your personal information by UTAX, you can contact UTAX as below:
UTAX (UK) Ltd
89 Shrivenham Business Park
Tel: +44 (0)1793 786002
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: www.ico.org.uk
Changes to the Policy
Best practice on internet and data privacy are developing and evolving continually. UTAX therefore reserve the right to revise this Policy at any time.
Any changes made to the Policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to the Policy.